Monday 7 October 2013

Summer Project

Influences and Inspirations

Collecting images of my summer



                                                     
                                                     


Research

For my research I mainly used my favorite way of researching by using Pinterest. 



From researching I really loved they way that Shellie Holden works.


Shellie is a mixed media artist usually working with embroidery. She uses pages from books and takes out words leaving a different sentence that relates to something in her life. 




Doodling with the idea..

Embroidering with the idea..







 I played around with the idea of leaving certain words in pages to create new sentences using doodles. I think I could develop on the idea later using embroidery. By doing these it made me want to create small embellished samples using images of my summer, with embroidery and small editions of words to create a mixed media crafty sample.

INVOLVING WORDS FROM SUMMER 

The inspirational side to my work over summer.
I thought for a while about how I can show what I find to be inspirational not only in my work but in life to. I find myself when i'm stuck or need help I do look at quotes of different famous artists and designers from over time as it helps me realise that nothing is impossible and to carry on working and pushing ideas. So over summer I collected all of my favorite quotes that I think help inspire my work. I also love how creative some of the images and quotes are they all involve mixed media and some sort of artistic design.



Banksy
Van Gogh

More research.. 



 Emma Parker 
'Stitch therapy'




Emma Parker works in a craft textiles way creating unique one off pieces that involve her emotions joined with a mixed media piece. She uses emotions from her own life which i think make the pieces so special.

Sampling. 

This sample was an experiment using image maker. I took an image of a playing card I had taken from a hotel on holiday, scanned in the image and blew it up and re printed into calico using image maker. The image didnt come out as clear as possible and due to the ink in the printer it has left pink and differnet colours running through the image. I then used a small amount of mixed media to add more detail..

Embelishing using mixed media and insane stitching.
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment